Please contribute here for ease and security:
Thank you for your generosity!
(For other payment methods please contact us through the form at the bottom)
WE HAVE RAISED $10,000!
I can not express how thankful i am for the overwhelming support. I have taken a few days off the campaign to re-calibrate and gain perspective. We managed to raise $10,000 for the production in 8 days. pat yourselves on the back! That's insane.
After a lot of thinking and looking over our budgets we figured that we are actually very close to a dream that was previously thought impossible. We looked over our list of needs and we left out a few things in the initial budget to simply raise the bare minimum in order to complete the film. After being received with such enthusiasm and drive we have decided to push for a new goal in order to do it with an extra bang.
Our new goal is to raise $5,000 in order to push the production through the roof!
This will pay for:
RENTING AN AMAZING CAMERA (used for GRAVITY, & LIFE OF PI)
ANIMATOR to create 3d maps of where we are at each chapter!
& many other details that will improve the quality of the film!
These extra aspects of the production will truly make the film even more entertaining and in the long run will ensure more people see the film.
YOUR SUPPORT HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING AND I ASK YOU TO CONTINUE TO SHARE, COMMENT, AND STAY INVOLVED!
Join the adventure, Become a supporter!
Thank you so much!!!
CAN YOU HELP?
I passionately believe in the success of the film and have personally invested over $30,000 and three years of my life into pre-producing, filming, and post-producing it. The entire Indian portion of the film has been filmed and a vast amount of post-production work has been done. We need your financial support to finish the film.
To take the film to the next level and get it picked up by a distributer (BBC, ARTE to name a few) we need your financial support to hire a small crew to film a short UK segment and finish the editing of the film.
Timeline: present film to distributors and production companies (five interested currently) by October 2014.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS = PRIZES AND GLORY AND MY ETERNAL THANKS!
For each contribution you give there are unique and amazing prizes:
- $5000 = “THE LEGEND” = 1 x Everything below & the grand tour experience: have lunch with Rupert & Jan Grey in Sussex and take a spin in the Rolls Royce! Hear stories and be inspired first hand!!! (expenses not included & limited to 2).
- $2500 = “THE HERO” = 1 x Everything below including a VIP invitation to a premiere screening (expenses not included).
- $1000 = “THE EXPLORER” = 1 x Thank you in credits of the film, 1 x everything below + you saved my life!
- $750 = “THE BACK SEAT DRIVER” = 1 x Original large format hand printed B&W photo taken by Rupert on Journey, everything below, 1 x Bonus Behind the Scenes video!
- $500 = “THE JOURNEYMAN” = 1 x Original standard size hand printed B&W photo taken by Rupert on the journey, 1 x digital copy film, 1 x hard copy of film in hand made case.
- $250 = “THE MECHANIC” = 1 x Blown up photo taken by director on journey, 1 x digital copy of the film, An official thank you on the website.
- $100 = “THE SPINNER” = 1x Digital copy of film, & my eternal thanks!
- OTHER = “THE TRAVELLER” = Thank you on the website, & my eternal thanks!
THE BIG IDEA!
This film is the beginning of something big. I want to keep people thrilled in their seats and then inspire them when they go about their lives. This is a film with compelling characters, story, landscape and all we need to do is one more step to get it out into the world.
The film chronicles the astonishing story of an eccentric British couple as they journey through teeming cities, across spartan deserts and the mountainous wilds of the Indian Sub-continent. Unite with them in celebrating life as they re-discover the timeless spirit of adventure in their weathered 1936 Rolls Royce.
Watch teaser here: http://grandtrunkfilm.com/
WHO AM I?
My name is Oliver McGarvey and I am an Edmonton filmmaker. I am creating my first feature film and i want to do it with a bang. I learned how to make professional films at the International Film School of Paris and have been working in the industry ever since. This film is a monumental project with a ton of potential and could become a great classic that propels my career to the next level. I want to be inspiring the world through film for many years to come.
Take a peek at some of the limited edition original prints in our prize section
CONTACT US HERE FOR ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS